Learn How To Improve Your Fitness With Our "Easy to Follow" Tips!
Good fitness levels are the backbone of every soccer player. Simply put, without good fitness levels your performance on the field will not be any good.
Good fitness principles will also protect you from many injures which is another reason for why you should put a lot of effort in it. Fitness training is also crucial if you want to develop as a soccer player.
Only players that are in good physical shape can expect to perform better. There are two ways that fitness is measured in soccer; aerobic and anaerobic.
Aerobic fitness simply involves lots of oxygen intake and gives your heart and lungs a workout. This part of fitness will determine the level at which you can breathe in and use oxygen to give you power to perform an activity.
Walking for example doesn't put a big stress on your body and most people will at least be able to walk few hundred yards without getting tired.
Jogging is a form of aerobic activity where you will be able to continue without getting too tired. Your body works at a rate which simply means that you will not get completely out of breath.
The level at which this fatigue takes place will increase with aerobic training. Your heart and lungs will become more efficient from the exercise. This simply means that you will run further and faster before getting tired.
Anaerobic fitness is completely about intensity. Sprinting is one common anaerobic fitness activity.
When you sprint your body will work at a level where it cannot provide enough oxygen and your muscles will not be able to get energy from your glycogen fuel sources.
You will not be able to work long at this level before you get out of breath. With anaerobic training in soccer your body will become more efficient at using your glycogen stored fuels but also help you deal with oxygen debt.
The effect of oxygen debt is the buildup of lactic acid (a burning feeling in your legs at the end of a long sprint). The lactic acid must be eliminated from your muscles fast and this is where anaerobic training helps you.
As a soccer player you will need a combination of aerobic and anaerobic fitness. However, some positions will require higher levels of anaerobic while others will need more aerobic fitness.
If you can afford it, I would recommend you to hire a personal trainer to help your running technique. If you are a midfielder you are supposed to cover a lot of field during a regular soccer match.
You need therefore a good aerobic engine. Forwards and strikers will need to sprint fast and will need therefore more anaerobic fitness. Your muscle power and fortitude will not only depend on your fitness training.
Proper soccer nutrition is also very important if you want to perform at your maximum. My experience is that good conditioning directly means better performance.
Faster, Stronger and Better
If you want to become a faster, stronger and better soccer player I recommend you to check out my book on fitness.
This is a book that explains everything you need to know in order to increase your performance on the soccer field and become the true dynamo of your team.
It is jam packed with illustrations, examples and tips on how to work on your fitness for maximum results.
If you are serious with your soccer career then obtaining a copy of my book is a must.
More Related Articles
- Useful soccer endurance training tips.
- How to perform well in a beep test with simple tips?
- What are the soccer strength training types?
- Focus on this part of your body when doing weight training.
- Useful tips for soccer warm up you should use!
- The parts of fitness training in soccer explained.
- Why is soccer agility crucial?
- Different types of soccer warm ups and how do perform them correclty!
- Tips for soccer speed training!
- What is circuit soccer training good for?
- Why is soccer conditioning so crucial for your performance?
- Tips for soccer training conditioning.
- Mistakes you must avoid wiith speed training for soccer.
- Simple program for soccer circuit training on your own.
- Using soccer stretching in a proper way.
- How to avoid cramps during your soccer practice??
- Here are some useful Soccer tips for how to recover your body faster.
- How to become more resistant against a soccer injury?
- What are the main soccer strength phases?
- How to benefit from your preseason soccer training?
- The psychology for soccer discussed.
- Learn how to do pushups and improve your soccer strenght!
- The Atkins diet and soccer discussed.
- Here is an efficent soccer conditioning program for 5 weeks!
- How to perform maximum during your soccer match?
- How to do sit-ups in a proper way?
- How to develop your soccer speed with simple steps?.
- How can you increase your soccer stamina today?
- Learn how to increase your soccer power with ease!
- Discover how to use oxyelite pro for fat burning.
- An efficient weight training program that will improve your fitness.
- Learn efficient weight lifting routines and avoid injuries.