How do You Become a Freestyle Pro?
You may have heard this new term floating around the soccer world called freestyle but what is it actually?
Well, as it sounds, freestyle in soccer is about doing tricks while juggling a ball with different parts of your body (head, shins, knees etc).
You may perform freestyle tricks while you are sitting, standing or sitting on the ground.
A good freestyler is creative and can produce his/her own tricks. Freestyle in soccer is something that you can do in any place.
The only thing you need is a ball and little space. To become a good freestyler you need to practice a lot, have patience and the most important thing: have fun!
Benefits of Freestyle
The main benefit of freestyle is that you will improve your coordination, balancing and ball control.
It will be easier to perform advanced moves like double scissors or the Ronaldinho move.
But if you just want to freestyle and don't want to improve your soccer game, the main benefit of free-styling in soccer will be improved health conditioning.
- As a soccer player you need to have dedication and patience to learn different freestyle soccer tricks. On this way you will improve your motivation to practice more and to become better soccer player. As you already know, the more you practice the better soccer player you will be.
- By practicing on your freestyle trick you will became more creative on soccer field and develop fast thinking abilities. You may also develop some own soccer movements that are unknown to others. On this way you will get advantage over you opponents and dominate your games.
Downside of Freestyle
Free-styling in soccer may look cool and great to watch on but on soccer field you will not have any benefits of your free-styling.
You cannot start to perform an around the world and hope to fool your opponent. But of course your opponent may get confused and wonder what is going on.
As a freestyler you will have tremendous ball control but you will probably lack in other soccer attributes that you will need during a soccer game.
- As a soccer player you need to meet the in-game physical demands such as stamina, balance, agility, speed and acceleration which require special fitness training. Don't skip this training or you will NOT succeed in soccer!
- Mental preparation as decision making, position, team work and other aspects that are required during a soccer game.
- Control and technique with the ball: soccer dribbling, soccer shooting, soccer kick, soccer passing, etc. which needs to be practiced regularly.
Some soccer players that I personally know have reported that watching freestyle clips have helped them improve their game by several levels.
They said also that other difficult soccer move become much easier to perform after gaining some basic freestyle skillss.
- Learn to juggle a soccer ball with your head.
- Why should you play soccer actually?
- Choose the right soccer training camp for your needs?
- Your plan for learning soccer tricks is available here!
- How do you juggle a soccer ball with ease?
- Performing the ATW trick is easier than you think!
- Learn to juggle a with all parts of your body!
My advice to you is to have fun with the freestyle in soccer but you should always try to improve your regular soccer skills before anything else (passing, crossing, receiving etc).
Keep in mind that because it is really important for your development as soccer player. More about freestyle in this soccer forum.
Add a Freestyle Trick That You Can’t Find Here
Help us build this page by adding valuable information about soccer tricks that will help others.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Cool Soccer Trick But I don't Know The Name of it Not rated yet
It’s a trick that I saw on a fifa 10 video on YouTube, and I’ve searched everywhere for its name, but here it is.
Dribble the ball out in front of you. …...
The Rainbow Kick Not rated yet
This trick is considered one of the hardest moves to get exactly right, here’s how you do it:
1. Move slowly with the ball.
2. Put your kicking foot …...
Flip Flap Turn Not rated yet
This turn is a flip-flap which goes inside your own legs and makes you twist around facing the opposite direction. The best thing about this is that it …...
Soccer Trick - The Whiplash Not rated yet
Here is another cool soccer trick that I want to share with you. The main requirement is that you must know how to perform the ATW (around the world) trick. …...
Catching The Ball on The Back of Your Leg Not rated yet
Here is a cool soccer trick that I want to share with you. Simply, start juggling the ball, and then kick it up so when it comes down you should try to …...
Maradona's Flick Not rated yet
Here is a cool soccer freestyle that I want to share with you. It is pretty cool and when you get it right people will really get impressed by your skills. …...
ATW (Around The World) Not rated yet
Around the World is possibly the easiest trick to begin with when it comes to soccer freestyle. It is also one of the most widely used tricks in many combos. …...
LS trick Not rated yet
1. You take the ball and stop it.
2. Then bring it back.
3. Take the ball and put it behind the opposite of your kicking foot.
4. After that you slide …...